"QUANTUM SHOT" #194
In case you wondered, and are male - these are the rules we abide by. If you are a girl reading this, then you can just refresh your memory.
MEN RULES: Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules!
Please note... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a Problem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of them makes you sad or angry, then we meant the "other one "
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle, besides we know you will bring it up again later.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...really.
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
(Source: email, original unknown)
Guys! Be careful not to aggravate your girlfriend TOO much; otherwise you're going to see scenes like these:
Romance... starts like this
but may end sooner than you think
Try to keep your thoughts off lingerie for a minute...
There is always a choice:
(images credit: Exler)
Girls! Remember, guys need space. ...you can join them there:
Guys can do some extreme ironing, too:
(more images at this site)
Images courtesy: Extreme Ironing
"Women's Facial Expressions"
Best of Church Humor, Ways to Annoy People
Dark Roasted Blend's Photography Gear Picks:
READ RECENT POSTS:
Cinerama: "The Next Big Thing That Was"
Curved screens, gigantic projectors & "out-of-this-world" picture
DRB Feel-Good Issue #13
Loads of cool and rare imagery
Stunning Examples of Fractal Art in History
"Dark Roasted Blend" - All Kinds of Weird and Wonderful Things, Discovered Daily!"|
DRB is a top-ranked and respected source for the best in art, travel and fascinating technology, with a highly visual presentation. Our in-depth articles in many categories make DRB a highly visual online magazine, bringing you quality entertainment every time you open your "feed" reader or visit our site.
Connect with us and become part of DRB on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus; make sure to subscribe to our updates.
Our mobile site: http://mobile.darkroastedblend.com. You can also read us on iPad, as part of the Flipboard popular free app.
SF ART & BOOK REVIEWS:|
Don't miss: The Ultimate Guide to NEW SF&F Writers!
Fiction Reviews: Classic Cyberpunk: Extreme Fiction
Short Fiction Reviews: Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" (with pics)
New Fiction Reviews: The Surreal Office
READ MORE RECENT POSTS:
A Codebreaker's Dream: The Bombe!
"The Bombe" vs. "The Enigma" code battle
Extremely Weird Bus Stops & Shelters
Wildly bizarre bus stop "creations"
Incredible Balancing Acts & Tightrope Walking
Up on the Roof: Not for the Faint of Heart
The Creepiest Mannequins
Serious Halloween Scares and Frights
Wildly Funny Frogs
Frogs in their "moments of weakness"
World's Strangest Vehicles, Part 5
The Truly Bizarre Car Zoo!
Deadliest Creatures (that are Easiest to Miss)
Real terror lurks in quiet darkness
"Music For... What?" Weird Album Covers
Music for Vacuuming, and much much more!
World's Strangest Vehicles, Part 4
Sheer Auto Adrenaline!
airplanes | animals | architecture | art | auto | boats | books | cool ads | funny pics | famous | futurism | food
gadgets | health | history | humour | japan | internet | link latte | military | music | nature | photo | russia | steampunk
sci-fi & fantasy | signs | space | sports | technology | trains | travel | vintage | weird