August 17, 2007
Hi all "Dark Roasted Blend" readers!
lovers of strong coffee unite!
First off, we are very grateful for you patronage, readership and the coolest comments and contributions on the web! Thank you for your wonderful participation.
We'd love it, if you'd give us a little input about the site:
- How are we doing? What would you change for a better experience?
- Which themes would you like to see more often, and which ones you don't care about?
- Do you have high speed internet? How's the loading time?
- Are you happy with RSS feed?
- What would you change in layout and design? God (or devil) is in the details, you know.
- If we'd branch out into other themed sites (in addition to DRB), should we keep the same layout?
- Are you happy how the contributing system works, or should we refine it?
- How many hamsters do you feed (exercise, pet, aggravate) during a typical day?
- If the universe is expanding, why can't I find a parking space?
- If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
- If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what was yesterday?
- Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be?
- You can't have everything...where would you put it?
and so it goes... you are welcome to answer only the first 7 questions, or just ramble about what comes into your mind (in comments, or email us) We trust you.
Have a gorgeous weekend.
Avi & Rachel
July 1, 2007
Hi all "Dark Roasted Blend" readers!
You probably noticed that we've adjusted our links to read
This is the last step in our migration to the new domain.
All previous links to this site should still work, they should smoothly redirect to
the new domain. However it may take up to 48 hours for this change to propagate through the internet servers. Please be patient, and if you still experience problems after a couple of days, drop us a line.
Please notice, that it's going to take some time for Alexa and Technorati to pick up on this site's rankings, but you can still check the old ones for http://thrillingwonder.blogspot.com address.
If you feel like adjusting your bookmarks and links, please do so. (old ones should still work, too)
Let us know what you think, and have a great weekend!
Videophones from the Future Past
Skype? Smartphone? Google Hangouts?
||The Best of DRB in 2014
Weird & Wonderful 2014 Overview
Amazing Automatons, Robots & Victorian Androids
Industrious Clockwork Creatures!
DRB Feel-Good Issue #26
Loads of cool and rare imagery
"Dark Roasted Blend" - All Kinds of Weird and Wonderful Things, Discovered Daily!"
DRB is a top-ranked and respected source for the best in art, travel and fascinating technology, with a highly visual presentation. Our in-depth articles in many categories make DRB a highly visual online magazine, bringing you quality entertainment every time you open your "feed" reader or visit our site - About DRB
Connect with us and become part of DRB on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus; make sure to subscribe to our updates.
SF ART & BOOK REVIEWS:|
Don't miss: The Ultimate Guide to NEW SF&F Writers!
Fiction Reviews: Classic Cyberpunk: Extreme Fiction
Short Fiction Reviews: Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" (with pics)
New Fiction Reviews: The Surreal Office
READ OTHER RECENT ARTICLES:
What Kids (Really) Wish For
The Ultimate Imaginary Gifts List
The Last Victorian Leviathan Steam Ship
An Iron Monster, framed in a cloud of billowing white sails
Infinite Music & "Oud" Masterpieces
Unique melody for every day of the year!
DRB Time-Slice: 1930 Design:
Golden Telephone For Pope Pius
You needed to kneel to speak with Pope Pius XII by phone
airplanes | animals | architecture | art | auto | boats | books | cool ads | funny pics | famous | futurism | food
gadgets | health | history | humour | japan | internet | link latte | military | music | nature | photo | russia | steampunk
sci-fi & fantasy | signs | space | sports | technology | trains | travel | vintage | weird